Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Me likey, Wow

Shaggamuki, Level 15 Troll Mage

Status: Highly addicted


I can really see why millions of people play this game. Within a few hours I met up with other noobs to complete quests and explore the terrain. Within a few days I was comfortable with the game and itching to collect new items and level up.

I think the desire to develop social networks is a major portion of self-awareness/actualization. WoW, in my opinion, allows many people to fulfill this need. For some reason, you feel quite accomplished when you find a new complementary weapon or rare item.

The ability to auction goods, trade, team, and dual are also very emotional interactions in the game. When I visit the larger cities in the game, I am totally overwhelmed with what the future will hold for my character.

WoW brings gaming to a new level.

No comments: